The Intelligent House, Building Automation eHouse RS-485 can be controlled via Cloud eHouse Cloud .
This is another option besides direct access through eHouse for Java , Android (TCP / IP, UDP, SMS, eMail) and web browser.
One control method does not exclude another.
The following project is a comfort installation system (one controller per room) with full access from outside. eHouse RS-485 demo project was discussed in earlier posts:
The installation realizes the complete automation of the building ~ 300m2 (basement, ground floor, top floor) – in the comfort version.
The system is based on eHouse PRO server and eHouse RS-485 controllers for small switchboards (all inputs / outputs from single room goes to room switchboard).
“Working in the cloud” is the synchronization of system data with the Web server and MySQL database.
Advantages of Cloud:
- Can work with any Internet connection without any restrictions
- does not require public access Internet
- Does not require a fixed IP address or DDNS service for the link
- No complicated configuration of NAT Internet Router, sharing and redirection of Ports, Servers, DMZ, etc.
- If you work on the web, it can be controlled from any device with a web browser
Disadvantages of Cloud:
- Higher link load and data transfer
- slower, refresh and delay than direct access (3 to tens of seconds of refresh)
- depends on the stability of the WWW/MySQL server
- loads the WWW/MySQL server and needs a large data transfer for each installation
To reduce disposing of the link and web server/MySQL, the refresh is set to 60 seconds when the client is not connected to the cloud. In case of connection and start up of the system command, the frequency increases (up to several dozen or so seconds) depending on the configuration.
Because it requires a web server, it is a paid service that depends on the amount of data transferred (transfer rate and refresh rate).
At: eHouse RS-485 + Cloud Building Automation is publicly available (without passwords) Centralized demonstration system installation. It is also an eHouse RS-485 under eHouse PRO Server test installation for BMS system integrators to test the system without eHouse hardware.
Because visualizations are in text files, it is easy to edit and change.